Skip to main content

Recent Comix #2



Published August 2012 by Paul Tumey. 
Special guest appearances by and collaborations with Claire Mack.
In this issue we welcome back the incorrigible (and dirigible-like) Hoppin Frog with some new and old comics and drawings. The Catoons series continues, as well.



Bunny Stop 



Catoon #6  - Paranoia


Catoon #7  - Fulfilled





Above two pages: This is NOT recently drawn -- but recently rediscovered.
Someday, I'll get around to finishing this tribute to burritos and golden age comics...


Catoon #4  - Breadwinner


Catoon #10  - Kneady




And now two knockout My Little Pony designs by Claire Mack:
Artfire by Claire Mack

Gypsybell by Claire Mack



H. Frog: Salesman




Three Level Dog Mind by Paul Tumey



Catoon 5 - Dreamer





Mees Lichen de Escargots by Claire Mack
I watched Claire draw this a week ago one morning while we camped. I drank my first cup of coffee and the kids slept in their tents. She started with the snail shell sitting on the picnic table and  magically  spun the rest out from it.







Twig by Paul Tumey


The Hammock Under the Apple Tree by Claire Mack and Paul Tumey





Taffy by Claire Mack and Paul Tumey



Catoon 9 - Limber







All cartoons and comics by Paul Tumey, unless otherwise noted.
All contents copyright 2012 Paul Tumey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Book on Screwball Comics Coming September 2018

My first book, Screwball! The Cartoonists Who Made the Funnies Funny is scheduled for publication in September 2018. The publisher will be The Library of American Comics/IDW. Eisner-Award winner Dean Mullany will design and edit the book, with Bruce Canwell and Lorraine Turner providing their expertise, as well. It will be a large, full-color hardcover art book offering around 275 pages resplendent with rare comics, art, photos and original research. The story of screwball comics in America is a large topic, more sprawling than one book can reasonably encompass if one wishes to present satisfying chunks of reprints. Foo this reason, I decided, after much deliberation, to narrow the focus of this book on American newspaper comics up to about 1950. This means the screwballists who primarily worked in comic books -- Jack Cole, Dick Briefer, Basil Wolverton, Harvey Kurtzman, Will Elder, Al Jaffee -- are saved for, hopefully, another volume. Even with this limitation, it was neces

24 Hour Comic from 1989 – The World Seen Through Mr. Foster’s Glasses by Paul Tumey

 

The Kitchen Notepad Cartoons of 2013

I sing now to you a tale of a family and their doodle-toons. A grubby, stained, mostly used small pad of paper sat by the phone in the kitchen. One day, I drew and colored a cartoon on it, like so: If it looks like the man has his hand in his fly, that's my ineptitude at drawing hands, and is unintentional. Anyway, I found I liked the pad. So I drew a few more cartoons. The little green figures you see in the lower right-hand corner are the vestiges of when the pad was first used by me to make a rudimentary animation flipbook. The next time I picked the kitchen notepad up, I saw that my wife, the artist Claire Mack had added a fantastical drawing: I followed suit with a Groucho mushroom, of course: Claire added a celestial scene: One day, our teen-age daughter, Olivia, added some of her own cartoons: To which, I responded with this very strange fellow, Lemon-Head: The final three pages in the pad are by Claire,